One of you sent me an email with some thought on the female orgasm, suggesting it as a topic for an Open Post. He was interested in getting some feedback from others on my blog. He wrote the following:
The female orgasm is a puzzle for evolutionary biologists. It is unclear why women should have orgasms at all. According to Elisabeth Lloyd, the female orgasm is an evolutionary accident. Like male nipples, it persists simply because there is no good reason to get rid of them. If orgasm is supposed to be about enhancing reproductive fitness it should occur during intercourse. If a woman is orgasmic without intercourse is strange since it’s designed to be adaptive- that is, to solve evolutionary problems, thus increase a man’s paternity certainty of having an offspring. The sole function of a female orgasm is to trap sperm to increase the fertility rate, yet there are women who are able to conceive without orgasm. Female orgasms are likely to occur during the most fertile period of the menstrual cycle. Orgasms are linked to the status, wealth, and physical attractiveness of their male sexual partner(s). One can’t, of course, randomly assign women to have sex with males differing in status and attractiveness to see if they orgasm or not (those pesky university ethics review boards). Unlike men, women don’t need to have an orgasm in order to propagate their genes. How a woman reaches an orgasm has nothing to do with her mental health or emotional maturity. Women need to stop obsessing over orgasm and ignore media gossip about how she’s inadequate in achieving orgasm if her boyfriend, husband can’t deliver the goods.
To add a few points, in order to kickstart the discussion:
1) I’m unsure the orgasm is an evolutionary accident. I’d argue that men prefer having sex with women who visibly enjoy sex. Thus, it is a reproductive advantage.
2) The female orgasm helps with pair-bonding. It signals that the woman trusts you. If she was all tensed up, she would not get an orgasm while you work your magic on her.
3) Women who enjoy sex probably have more sex. Thus, women who can have orgasms have more sex, and thus have a reproductive advantage over other women.
4) There have been studies purporting to show that women orgasms more easily if their partners are more successful. If I recall correctly, it was based on a survey of two different demographics, i.e. women with successful partners and women who shacked up with Tyrone. You could find different explanations, such as successful men having higher levels of testosterone, which influences her ability to orgasm.
5) There is probably a link between mental health and orgasm. I have a hard time picturing some angsty teenager who is convinced that the world will end because some Swedish retard told her so on social media having earth-shattering orgasms. Heck, take Greta Thunberg herself: do you think this chick has an easy or a hard time getting off during sex?
6) For a woman, having a partner who is able to make her orgasm arguably provides valuable feedback. If she’d be disgusted by him, e.g. she’s only with him for the money, she won’t get off and won’t enjoy sex. Thus, her body tells her to find someone else, which many such women do, overtly or covertly.
This blog depends on your contributions. So, share your view and comment on this article (comment policy). Then, to ensure the survival of this blog, donate. If you haven’t bought Aaron’s books yet, buy them, all of them. Lastly, if you want tailored and honest advice, book some one-on-one consultation sessions.